The Top 5 kinds of luxury houses in and around Cape Town
Cape Town has long been considered one of the most beautiful destinations in the world. It is globally renowned for its eclectic and colourful culture, breathtaking landscapes, and statement properties. If you are looking to move to the undeniably magnificent Mother City, then there are several options for you. No matter the kinds of houses for sale you are seeking, we at Fine & Country South Africa can assist you.
The perks of buying a home in Cape Town
Many holidaymakers and tourists visit the Western Cape on a whim and then have their hearts stolen by the vibrant city. In our years of experience with the luxury property market, we know that Cape Town is one of the most sought-after locations to live, and there are several reasons why:
- You are never far from what you need. Living within the suburbs or close to the city centre affords accessibility to everything from malls and businesses to great schools and recreational activities.
- Nature is within reach. The area boasts plenty of hiking trails, picture-perfect beaches, and awe-inspiring views.
- There is lots to do. Whether you are excited about the local wine-tasting and fine-dining spots, attending one of the many annual festivals, or enjoying the exciting nightlife scene, Cape Town boasts it all.
- There are ample career opportunities. Cape Town is known as a hub for entrepreneurs and the culture is one that embraces diversity, creativity, and unique opportunities.
There are also various kinds of houses that prospective buyers are often most interested in, especially in the luxury market. While these properties are not all the Mother City has to offer, they are the five most popular for those looking to live here.
- Coastal and waterside properties
The Western Cape’s shorelines are some of the most exquisite on the planet. Homeowners want to live a stone’s throw away from beaches, lakes, and rivers because of the tranquillity it affords. For many, living near water feels like a permanent vacation all on its own, and Cape Town’s coastal areas certainly create the atmosphere of a restful holiday for permanent residents.
- Opulent golf estate homes
Golf estate living is quickly becoming a preferred option for those seeking luxury houses. Golf estates are often far safer than houses in suburban areas and feature various additional facilities. Even those who are not avid golfers enjoy the morning scenery of the greens, relaxing atmosphere, and fun recreational activities.
- Agricultural and equestrian land
Cape Town’s famed wine region has some of the most beautiful agricultural properties in the world. Cape Dutch architecture is prominent in the region, and many buyers seek houses in this distinctive style. Whether you are looking for houses on wine or fruit farms or seeking equestrian properties for sale, we can help you find something phenomenal.
- Newer developments in sought-after locations
The city is continually expanding, and new and exciting developments continue to spring up all over the province. Some buyers are seeking a quiet neighbourhood in which to retire, while others are looking for houses that overlook ocean sunsets – no matter your needs, the current market has plenty to offer.
- Luxury accommodations for guests
Because the city is a tourist hotspot that attracts countless visitors all-year round, buying guest accommodation is a superb investment. Buy houses to rent out during the holiday season or set up a bed and breakfast for travelling guests – the choice is yours.
How we can help you find a home
Luxury living in Cape Town includes world-renowned wines, spectacular seascapes, and a rich culture that everyone from students to retirees enjoy. If you are seeking houses in this extravagant city and wish to partner with a client-oriented estate agency at the forefront of luxury properties, feel free to contact us today.